Sunday, October 24, 2010

Domesticated Delight Halloween Event - CSN Stores review and chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe!


To many holiday enthusiasts, Fall and baking go hand and hand. I am no exception to this sentiment and many an October night you will find me in my kitchen barefoot and aproned. To me, Fall means the spicy smell of cinnamon and nutmeg wafting from the kitchen and warm, cozy, comfort foods on the dinner table.

Prior to this Fall I was living in the dark ages... Mixing batters by hand and letting soup bubble and steam in a big ol' pot on the stove. I didn't know the wonder and savory aromas of the crockpot. The speed and ease of electric hand mixers were beyond me. Until now.

I was very fortunate to be given the opportunity to review some products from CSNstores.com. If you haven't heard of them, I urge you to get acquainted. Like, now. No really, I'll wait...

Now that we're all on the same page you surely know that CSNstores is a domestic girl's dream. You can find bakeware, throw pillows, and shoes (!!!) all in the same place and you don't even have to leave your couch. If that's not easy I don't know what is. I was a little bit intimidated when facing the choice of products to review. So many options! But then I remembered what time of the year it was and I knew what I wanted. After browsing the site this crockpot and this electric hand mixer caught my eye. The possibilities! I've had countless slow cooker recipes saved in a folder for ages and I knew I needed a hand mixer, badly. I placed my order and eagerly anticipated my new goodies.

I was pleasantly surprised when I was sent a confirmation email as well as shipping information and a tracking number soon after placing my order. (I may or may not have stalked the UPS site) Clearly customer service is a priority of CSN stores. You can imagine my excitement when I received my package a few days later. I immediately knew which recipe I was going to try out for my hand mixer... Chocolate chip pumpkin bread!




















This morning after putting Cayden down for a nap I decided it was the perfect time to try my mixer out. I double checked that I had all the necessary ingredients, tied on my apron, and got to work.
















First I combined my dry ingredients and whisked them together with a fork. Then I did the same with my wet ingredients. Now was the moment I had been waiting for... to try out my new mixer!
















It was GREAT! What normally took minutes now took seconds! And when your not-so-consistent 3 month old is napping that is a definite plus.
















Now that my ingredients were mixed together, I poured them in my greased loaf pan and popped my pumpkin-bread-to-be in the oven. Just in time for Cayden to wake up from his nap!
















What started as this, turned into this 65 minutes later...
















Can you say yum?!? This pumpkin bread has quickly become my favorite Fall food. It has just the right amount of pumpkin flavor and the chocolate chips just melt in your mouth especially when you have a piece fresh out of the oven. Mando and I couldn't stop eating it and we had JUST finished breakfast.
















The conclusion to this story (other than your new favorite recipe)? Next time you're wishing for that gadget you've had your eye on or a new toy for your 1 year old nephew or even the perfect piece of art to hang in your living room make sure to go to CSNstores.com! You don't even have to leave the couch, I promise. I can't wait to try out my crockpot next!


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp clove
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.

Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.

Source.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment