Thursday, May 20, 2010

30 weeks

I'm not feeling so good this week, and keeping up with everything is starting to finally hit me (like a brick wall). I'll be 30 weeks on Sunday and I'm still working full time and will be for another 2 months or so until I'm able to go on maternity leave. I have my last final for school this Monday which means lots of studying, homework, plus a project/paper due. We also registered for our Preparation for Birth classes this week which begin in July (I should have done this months ago, but waited until the last minute of course). I still have to find some extra time to do the breastfeeding class, infant care class, get maternity photos taken, find a pediatrician, do my belly cast, and finish getting the house ready for a baby! I'm so thrilled that I'm getting closer to meeting my baby, but all this preparation is wearing me out. I am so jealous of the women who get to stay at home and relax during their pregnancies. That is the way things should be!


On top of that, this weekend I'm 'interviewing' the girl who will be Cayden's nanny once I get back from maternity leave. I use that term loosely because I've actually known her for like 10 years. She is my oldest sister's best friend and was the maid of honor in her wedding. She got pregnant at 17 and had another baby about a year ago so I know she's not only familiar with raising babies, but understands what it's like to be a young mom. She also has very similar parenting styles as I do (she breastfeeds and left her baby boy intact!) which is great. Plus she has a great sense of humor and is willing to watch the baby for a low price because she'll get to continue to stay home with her baby while making some extra money so it was a win-win situation for both of us. I'm excited about the arrangement and I really hope it works out.


We are going to get 3D/4D ultrasound pictures taken this weekend and I'm SO excited. I've wanted to do this ever since I first saw how crazy and detailed the pictures are. It's like getting a preview of your baby before actually seeing him in real life and it just blows my mind! I just can't wait to see what Cayden's face looks like and see him in so much detail while he's still growing inside my belly. I know a lot of people are iffy about it (and ultrasounds in general), because they feel like you shouldn't be able to see your baby until they're born, but I am going to take full advantage of this incredible technology! We are going to a free standing ultrasound boutique that has a living room like setting (big room, couches all around) and can seat up to 15 people. It also has a 100" screen so that everyone can see your baby up close and in detail. Because our families haven't been able to come to any appointments or ultrasounds thus far, I thought it would be fun to bring them so we can all experience this together. Mando's parents, brothers, and sisters-in-law will be there along with my mama, sister, and nephew. I can't wait to show you all the pictures.


Despite everything that I have going on, I'm still trying to find the time to do some of the things I love. I'm trying to spend a few minutes every night working on the baby blanket I'm knitting as well as get some prenatal yoga and swimming in for exercise. My baby shower is less than a month away and I AM SO EXCITED! You all know how much I love planning parties, and although my mama and sister are doing most of the planning they are kind enough to let me be involved knowing full well how neurotic and obsessive I can be. I just can't wait to see everything come together. The theme is sailor/nautical just like Cayden's nursery will be. I go wild with themes.


Last night I also baked for the first time in what seems like forever. I kind of cheated (boxed brownies), but it felt good to get back in the kitchen, put my apron on, and whisk away the day!




Mando drew a heart on my belly with the batter! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment