Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wedding Planning Wednesday - Mini-Moon


As the wedding gets closer, Mando and I have started talking about a honeymoon. Now obviously, the fact that we have a small child complicates things, and we went back and forth on whether or not we'd even bother taking one. In the end we decided we needed to do something, even if it is just small and local. The idea of taking a "mini-moon" was born!

I'm going to be honest, the idea of leaving Cayden really freaks me out. I've never been away from him longer than a few hours, much less an entire night or a few days. I just feel like he's still too young to understand why his mama is gone and I don't want him for even a fraction of a second to feel scared or abandoned. I know it might sound ridiculous to some, but this is how I think. I know that by the time the wedding rolls around I will have spent a night away from him (bachlorette party, night of the wedding, etc.) but I'll still be able to put him to sleep and see him the next morning so he won't really have any idea that I'm gone. Leaving on a mini-moon is going to be a HUGE deal for all of us, and I don't know how it's going to go.

With that being said, we haven't quite decided on whether we'll be bringing him with us or not. Obviously it would be ideal to go somewhere just the two of us... I feel like we both NEED that time and we haven't done anything like that in so long. As of right now the idea is to leave him home with my mom, but we'll see how I'm doing emotionally when the time comes.

Right now, we're just brainstorming on where we'd like to go. We are trying to find somewhere local enough to drive yet far away enough to feel like a vacation and we'll probably go away for 3 or 4 days. Since our wedding is on a Saturday, and Sunday is Mother's Day, we won't be leaving until Monday. San Francisco is out because we were just there, and we've been to San Diego way too many times. Some ideas we've come up with are Santa Barbara, Lake Tahoe, and Vegas. If any locals have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them! I just want something quiet, romantic, but still fun for a young couple who never gets out! ;)

Tonight I'm going wedding dress shopping again, and hopefully it'll be the last time! If I'm lucky enough to find the dress I'll tell you all about it next week! Happy Wednesday everyone! XOXO                      

3 comments:

  1. You two need to go away together. Just the two of you!
    How about Monterrey or Carmel? Or even Big Sur? Both gorgeous! And not too far!
    Also, NAPA!!!! You can drink all day and forget little C is home! It will be good for all of you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/Alana. You two NEED this time. It's a HUGE thing to leave him, but it's also a HUGE thing to be able to have time for just you two without the baby. I promise you that he won't feel abandoned and surely will not even remember that you were ever gone, once you come back! A 'mini' moon is perfect. We had one, very mini and very family involved. I don't recommend the latter. haha. What about staying a night in the mountains? Maybe Wrightwood or Big Bear? Both are nice.. you could walk around, go hiking if you wanted to.. do a little shopping, have dinner, etc. If you want more info about Wrightwood, let me know. I grew up there, so am schooled on the place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may go back to Big Sur if we find enough to do there that we like! The only problem is that we JUST went to all those places on our trip up to Oregon, so I think we want to do something a little different. We'll see though! I would LOVE to do Napa, but M doesn't drink wine so it wouldn't be any fun for him!

    I know I'll be freaking out leaving him, but you're right, we REALLY need this time as a couple. We don't do it enough! XOXO

    ReplyDelete