Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Favorites: Father's Day


I've been so busy worrying about the wedding and Cayden's birthday party (1 month away! When did that happen?!) that I've completely forgotten about Father's Day. Okay, I didn't forget, I just haven't been focusing on it. Mando is the best partner, father, lover, and friend a girl could ask for, so it's really important to me to make this day special for him, especially after the amazing Mother's Day he gave me.

I've been scouring the web for some sentimental and fun ideas, and I've found a few things that I love that don't take too much time or money but are still super sweet. So without further ado, here are my favorite Father's Day gifts...

Themed buckets. I love these buckets. They are useful, manly, and so easy to customize. The first one is for the reno-obsessed father or one with a mile long honey-do list. The second one is filled with car washing supplies and if your husband is anything like Mando, they are OBSESSED with washing their cars!

 

Framed photos. Every great dad loves pictures of their children and I love the idea of taking a special picture just for dad. The first idea is framing some of your child's artwork with a picture of them making it. I think this is so cool and unique. The second one would work if you have babies who can't draw or paint yet. Just cut-out big letters spelling DAD and photograph your baby holding them! Lastly, if you have multiple children, you can do something like the 3rd picture. I am obsessed with kid/baby feet so this is super adorable to me.




Bake something. I'm always baking for other people that sometimes Mando complains I don't bake anything specifically for him. I thought it would be sweet to bake his favorite carrot cake cupcakes on Father's day and putting them in some cute packaging like the suit and tie bags in the second picture!



There you have it! I hope I've given a few of you some quick and easy Father's Day inspiration. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! We're off to go check out some wedding venues! XOXO

*All image sources can be found on my Pinterest page here.

5 comments:

  1. I need to get on this. I keep forgetting about Father's Day, not only for hubby but *my* dad. Lol. One too many people to buy for now. I really love the little picture frame idea. Might steal that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to have another baby so I can do that Daddy written on the feet thing oh em gee!!! :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. DomesticatedDelightJune 11, 2011 at 12:24 PM

    Isn't that adorable? If I had 3 I would totally do it! Those kids are so cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DomesticatedDelightJune 11, 2011 at 12:25 PM

    Luckily I rarely speak to my dad so I don't worry about getting him a gift, but I need to get on it for Mando! I bet Ed would love the little artwork picture idea! Steal away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ideas! So cute. The framed pic w/the kids' artwork is amazing and I'm tempted to do that! Matt's getting a beach cruiser from us (he had no clue), but I might have to add that in!

    ReplyDelete