Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Favorites: Oregon Trails


You may remember this post where I mentioned that it's my dream to move away from California and live somewhere that's quiet, and beautiful, and wholesome. My first choice is, and has always been, Oregon. Neither of us have been there before, but I've read and seen pictures enough to know that this picturesque place is perfect for us. The scenery they have is BREATHTAKING and with both beaches and forests you get the best of both worlds. It's a safe place to live and raise your kids, and we could actually afford to buy a home with lots of land. Honestly, about 75% of my days are spent daydreaming about living there. We've been talking about the idea for months now and decided to take action. In mid-August Mando, Cayden, my mama, and I will be taking an epic road trip up the California coast and through Oregon to the Portland/Mount Hood area where we hope to live. We'll be checking out the neighborhoods, job market, and all the beautiful scenery the place has to offer. The trip is mainly for Mando to see if he likes it (I've already made up my mind) but it's also going to be a vacation for us. We don't often have the opportunity to travel so I really want to make the most of this trip and see everything there is to see. If I can get Mando on board we hope to move after the wedding. And if everything goes well my mom will be joining us. I made a promise to her when I was a little girl that I would always take care of her, and Mando and I would be absolutely thrilled to have her live with us.

Anyway, the purpose of this post aside from sharing the road trip news is to ask for your help! We plan to take the scenic route up Pacific Coast Highway and since we've never been before, we need advice of the must-see places to stop! So far on our CA list is San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Gilroy, and the Redwoods. In OR I want to stop in Klamath Falls, Mount Hood, Portland, and St Helens. Obviously we've never been to these places and have no idea what to see so if anyone has take a trip up the coast, or been in any of those areas I would LOVE to hear your suggestions on places to stop. If you have any other suggestions of places to see I'd love to hear that too! I really want to find some cute, small towns with antique shops, beautiful scenic places, and anything else worth seeing! So please, if you have any advice to share I'm all ears!


I hope you all have a GREAT weekend! For once, we don't have a full schedule so we plan to just hang out as a family and veg! XOXO

2 comments: