Monday, June 6, 2011

It finally happened...


Yes, you read that right! I'm happy to announce that Mando and I are engaged! FINALLY! He proposed to me on Saturday night and it was perfect.  

How it happened: Saturday afternoon Mando, Cayden, and I were over at my mom's having a garage sale and cleaning out the back yard over there in preparation of Cayden's birthday party. When we were done my mom suggested we take the night off and have a date night and volunteered to watch Cayden for us. After an early start to a long day I almost said no... going home and going to bed early sounded way better. However, Mando convinced me that it would be good to get out of the house and get a break so I reluctantly agreed. We went out to dinner with my mom and Cayden and had some yummy Chinese and then after they went back home we stopped and got some ice cream and took a trip to the lake. The sun was setting after a gorgeous day and all of the families were packing up to go home. We found a quiet bench overlooking the water and were just hanging out and talking. The next thing I knew I turned around and Mando was on his knee with a ring in his hand! I don't even remember what he said I was so nervous! He popped the question and of course I said yes. It was quiet, romantic, and intimate which is exactly what I wanted. I found out afterwards that everyone knew and he and my mom had set up the whole thing. Sneaky, sneaky! We got tons of text and phone calls right after it happened. We are so thrilled and I am beyond excited to start planning... After 3 years, and a baby this wedding is long overdue! Expect to see a lot of wedding planning posts around here, I already know it's going to consume me for the next year or so! Thank you to everyone who has already said congratulations, it means the world to me! XOXO


14 comments:

  1. Amy @ babybabylemonJune 6, 2011 at 8:23 AM

    Aww. Such a sweet story! Congrats! And the "she said yes" picture may or may not have made me get a little misty. I am such a secret sap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw that is the SWEETEST! Congrats Johnna and Mando! And happy wedding planning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so sweet!!! I love that your family was in on the plan. That's awesome. I'm so so crazy happy for you. If you need help planning, you know where to find me. ;) Congrats again!!! <3 Great pics to go along with the post.. the "she said yes" in the sand is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just so thrilled for you! I remember how much fun I had planning my wedding and I know that this will be such a cherished time in your life. Remember to take in each exciting moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! I'm so excited to follow you on this next exciting journey in your life!! xox T

    ReplyDelete
  6. DomesticatedDelightJune 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM

    Aw, thank you Traci! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. DomesticatedDelightJune 6, 2011 at 10:55 AM

    Thanks sweetie! It's going to be so fun and exciting, I just can't wait to get started! I will cherish each and every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DomesticatedDelightJune 6, 2011 at 10:56 AM

    I know, and they are horrible at keeping secrets so I'm really shocked that I didn't find out! Thank you so much and I can't wait to meet up with you guys hopefully soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. DomesticatedDelightJune 6, 2011 at 10:56 AM

    Thank you love <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. DomesticatedDelightJune 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM

    Thank you so much Amy! I'm SOOO glad I had my camera with me that day, haha! I love that picture too. (PS. I'm a sap to the max. I cry at commercials!) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ring! Beautiful lake. Romantic guy. Just perfection. Such huge congratulations for you, Mrs. Corona <3 I can't wait to see the wedding planning posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DomesticatedDelightJune 6, 2011 at 8:11 PM

    Thank you so much! I love, love, love the ring! So amazing. He did good, I must say! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to follow this next journey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. DomesticatedDelightJune 9, 2011 at 8:05 AM

    Thank you sweetie! XOXO

    ReplyDelete