Thursday, September 2, 2010

When insomnia strikes...

Outside my window the sun is finally starting to lift his sleepy head and make his way towards the morning sky.

I am thinking about autumn, my favorite season getting closer and closer. I can't wait for the air to get crisper. I can't wait to light my pumpkin pie scented candles and cozy up with my two boys under fluffy comforters. I can't wait to decorate Cayden's first Christmas tree and cook holiday feasts with my mother. This is undoubtedly my FAVORITE time of the year.

I am thankful for a healthy family filled with my sweet baby boy, helpful daddies, grandmas who spoil, cousins close in age, creative sisters, and wonderful in-laws.

From the kitchen... a full fridge, a stocked cupboard, and a dishwasher full of clean dishes waiting to be emptied.

I am wearing my boyfriend's dirty t-shirt. Because it's big and comfy and I love the way it smells.

I am creating a memory book filled with pictures and mementos from my boyfriend and I's first year together. I can't wait to give it to him.

I am going to cherish every second I have with my sweet baby boy and never take advantage of the gift of motherhood.

I am reading How To Start a Home Based Event Planning Business. Because it's my goal to one day make money doing something I truly love.

I am hoping to look back at my life one day and smile at the beautiful memories I've created and the things I've accomplished.

I am hearing the soft breathing of my baby asleep on my chest and his father's continuous snoring beside me.

Around the house baby items are strewn everywhere! Just the way I'd always pictured.

One of my favorite things is a spa pedicure. And paying the extra $5 for a 15 minute foot massage.

A few plans for the rest of the week are to have an early morning garage sale at my mother's house, sneak in a date and some alone time with my boyfriend, attend a child's birthday party, and cherish every single second I have left with my little boy before I must return to work.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:

No comments:

Post a Comment