Monday, October 4, 2010

Domesticated Delight Halloween Event – Fall Traditions (Guest Post)




Now that I have a family of my own it’s important for me to start family traditions and create memories that will last a lifetime. It was actually one of my 4 Simple Goals for this year. I’ve decided that one fall tradition I want to start is a trip to the Irvine Park pumpkin patch. I’ve actually never even been to their pumpkin patch so this will be a new experience for me too, but I’ve been there during fall and it’s beautiful. Also, friends of mine who have been there have told me it’s the best place to go pumpkin shopping in Orange County so we are definitely bringing Cayden this year! They have hay rides, train rides, bounce houses, face painting, tractor races, hay mazes, a haunted house, pony rides, games, and of course a pumpkin patch filled with photo ops! It's the PERFECT way to spend a fall day with your family! I can’t wait!

Which brings me tooooo.... the first ever guest post on Domesticated Delight! Jenn from Apple of My Eye Designs (she’s the only who designed my blog and did a fab job!) and also Double Duty Mommy graciously volunteered to tell us how her and her family spend the Halloween season.


I try to go all out for my daughter and make her Halloweens into great memories. I’m not a crafty mom so doing home-made projects with my daughter have pretty much always been out of the picture, but I will buy store-bought projects that are 1-2-3 EASY to do projects. One of the main “projects” we’ve made a tradition in our family is buying a Halloween Gingerbread House. I used to think Gingerbread houses were only for Christmas until I saw a Halloween themed one in Michael’s a couple years back. Of course it comes out looking like…lets just say it does not look edible, but it was fun and my daughter always likes decorating it.
















Last year was the first year my friend Andria (@mommydoula21) and I did what we dubbed our Halloween Baking Extravaganza! We created Witch cookies, Spider, ghost, and Franken brownies, skull cupcakes, and mummy dogs! It was so fun and of course delicious. We are already planning out next baking day for this year’s Halloween. Now we just need to think of some more creative baking goodness!
















Another one of our new family traditions is to go to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Disney keeps it pretty Halloween traditional and Mickey’s party starts from 7pm-midnight. You specifically have to have a special wristband or at 7pm you will be kicked out of the park! We live in Orlando, FL so anything Disney is always in our radar. The Halloween Party is a fun family filled event that only Disney can put on. There is a special parade, villain themed shows, and of course the safest Trick or Treating on the block. This year will be our 3rd year in a row going as a family and Kendall’s (the newest addition to our family!) first year attending.
















And finally, a tradition for my family is Sea World Halloween Spooktacular! A fun event with dressed up sea creatures galore plus non-stop trick or treating. The Spooktacular event is held from park open-close so if your kids are young then you can still enjoy the event during the day. Last year we went twice because it was so much fun!
















Our oldest Makenna is already asking when Halloween is. She was Tinkerbell and Snow White last year and she cannot wait to dress up as Alice In Wonderland this year! My husband and I are just as excited because now we have Kendall to enjoy each and every holiday with and this being her very first holiday we are sure to make it extra special for her.


I hope whatever you and your family does for Halloween is a safe and fun one! Enjoy!

Thanks so much Jenn for sharing your Halloween traditions! And everyone who comments on this post telling what they do for Halloween gets an extra entry into the giveaway of their choice!

Don’t forget to keep checking back to Domesticated Delight! A brand new giveaway will be posted tomorrow and you still have time to enter this giveaway!



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Every year before Halloween we gear up with a day long trip to Apple Crest. WE pick apple and pumpkins, drink cider and eat apple doughnuts.
    We start our decorating and candy buying and costume planning and on Halloween we spend all day getting ready XD then its out the door with our 5 year old and our 1 year old. we walk every street we can for as long as we can. the people up the street have a funny fun *adventure* you need to get through before you get your *treats* which is hot coffee/chocolate/ and home-baked goodies XD
    the adventure is a mini wabbly bridge, *slaying* the troll under it, dodging spiders and webs and monsters XD

    to much fun@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I have a baby, what I do "Every year" will change for sure until we have established a tradition of some sort. We would love to carve pumpkins, roast seeds, dress up and go trick or treating and then pass out candy. Maybe we'll have friends over. We'll cook and eat and meet some neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even before we had kids, every Halloween we'd go to a huge family bash at my cousin's house. First all the adults trick or treat with the kiddies and then we have a foodfest back home!

    It's a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even before we had kids, every Halloween we'd go to a huge family bash at my cousin's house. First all the adults trick or treat with the kiddies and then we have a foodfest back home!

    It's a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every year before Halloween we gear up with a day long trip to Apple Crest. WE pick apple and pumpkins, drink cider and eat apple doughnuts.
    We start our decorating and candy buying and costume planning and on Halloween we spend all day getting ready XD then its out the door with our 5 year old and our 1 year old. we walk every street we can for as long as we can. the people up the street have a funny fun *adventure* you need to get through before you get your *treats* which is hot coffee/chocolate/ and home-baked goodies XD
    the adventure is a mini wabbly bridge, *slaying* the troll under it, dodging spiders and webs and monsters XD

    to much fun@

    ReplyDelete