Friday, November 5, 2010

Crafty Mommies (part 2)

Some of you may remember my post a few months ago wanting to start a monthly crafting club with some other moms. I thought it would be fun to share ideas and inspiration and see what others come up with because I know a lot of my readers are amazingly creative and crafty. Well, I got a great response and Crafty Mommies was born! Every month we submit ideas and vote on what craft we’d like to do and work on it over the next couple of weeks. Once we’re done we share pictures of the completed project on the Facebook page I created. We also do a monthly card trading club where we pick a card theme for that month (Christmas, birthday, thank you, etc.) and we each create 1 identical card for each participating member and mail them to each other. At the end of the month we all end up with unique handmade cards to either use or collect – one from each member! I love doing this because 1) it’s fun seeing the different things that everyone comes up with, and 2) I always have a card if I forgot to buy one for a last minute occasion! We currently have 8 members and are growing!

October was our first month and we decided to do paper mache pumpkins (you can see how mine turned out here) and a birthday card. I did a sweet and simple cupcake card using a die-cut machine, some tulle, and a pack of rhinestones. I love how it turned out!




































I got so many cute and unique cards from the other members (below) and I can’t wait to see what they come up with this month!

















If anyone else is interested in joining it’s not too late to sign up! We are always accepting new members and we don’t care if you’re a beginner or a pro… everyone is welcome! This month we are making a Thanksgiving table centerpiece of your choice and the card theme is Thank You. If you’d be interested in signing up you can comment here or email me (found in the contact page here). We’d love to have you!


My fellow Crafty Mommies also have some great blogs. Make sure to pay them a visit!


Heather
Amy
Katy
Jessica
Jen
Kerry



Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment