Monday, November 15, 2010

Giving Thanks.

As you know I made the exciting announcement that I will be hosting my first ever Thanksgiving dinner at my apartment! I’m beyond excited even if it will just be 4 of us (+ 2 babies). I’ve grown up watching and then helping my mom make Thanksgiving dinner year after year and now I get the chance to show off everything I’ve learned!

I’m going to be keeping my menu very traditional. My style of cooking is simple comfort home cooking anyway… I don’t usually cook things with a lot of ingredients (unless it’s a lot of garlic because, obviously) and I don’t cook things I can’t pronounce so the fancy schmancy gourmet dishes will not be present on my table. However, I do have a nice classic meal planned out that I wanted to share it with you all. Most of these are family recipes, but a few of them I will be making for the first time... most importantly the turkey! If you have a favorite recipe be sure to send it my way!


























I’ve also been browsing the internet for some table setting inspiration. I think I have a general idea of what I want it to look like but it doesn’t hurt to get some fresh ideas!


I found this sweet little centerpiece and instantly fell in love. It is so simple but still manages to ooze Fall flavor! I plan to make one for my table as long as my pumpkin lasts another week!




















I adore this table setting. The colors and the leaves make it come together beautifully and I love how the candles spell out 'Giving Thanks'; what a fun and simple DIY project that is sure to add spice to any table!


















My mouth literally dropped when I spied this table setting. I ADORE the silver detailing! So elegant! It makes me want to run to the nearest antique shop to pick up some candlesticks. And who doesn't love a vast array of pumpkins and gourds?




















I absolutely adore flowers. I used to work in a flower shop and to this day it's my favorite place I've ever been employed. There's nothing that makes me happier than a sweet smelling and beautifully done flower arrangement. This screams Fall with the orange, yellow, and brown color pallette and I love the creative idea to plop the flowers in a hollowed out pumpkin versus a vase.


























Do you have your Thanksgiving menu planned yet? What table settings are you drooling over? Do share my friends!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment