Friday, December 10, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I've been so busy trying to prepare everything for Christmas this week! I normally start getting ready for Christmas in October because handmade gifts take a lot of time and I hate rushing through things, but this year has been so busy so I haven't really started until now (and I'm slightly panicking). Most of my shopping is done, but I still have to find something for Mando and my BIL. Why are men so hard to shop for? Mando's birthday is the week before Christmas so I have to find him 2 gifts and soon. We just got our tree up this week and took Cayden to see Santa. I still have to finish top secret hand-made gifts for my 2 sisters, finish 25 photo blocks, and make a million baked goods to give as gifts on Christmas!

Speaking of which, I need help! I still need to figure out 3 Christmas desserts or candies to make. I'm making cake balls with my sister which I plan to put in Chinese take-out boxes, but I also have big round Christmas tins that I wanted to fill with a few different yummy things to hand out. I'm thinking gingerbread cookies for one layer, but I'm stuck on what else to make. I want it to scream Christmas! Maybe something peppermint? Do any of you have any adorable Christmas recipes bookmarked that you would be willing to share? I'm desperate!

Tonight I'll be making (hopefully my last) trip to Michaels to pick up some more supplies and I'm going to lock myself in the house so I can finish these projects! Sunday we are going to a fun holiday festival in my mom's neighborhood. They bring in snow, a horse drawn carriage, and the kids can meet Santa while parents sip on warm drinks. I'm really looking forward to going and spending time with my family. I also want to make some homemade hot cocoa and go on a late drive with Mando and Cayden one night this week to look at Christmas lights. We did this on our first date 2 years ago and it was so magical. I would love to do it again but with our baby asleep in the back seat. ♥





















Our tree! I still need to add to it, but at least it's up!
















Cayden with Santa and Mrs. Clause. He did great!
















My beautiful winter baby!
















Worn out after a long day.




No comments:

Post a Comment