Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Recipe - Chai Spice Cupcakes

Back in October I met up with a few local mamas that I'm friends with on Twitter. Since we were going to a pumpkin patch we decided it would be fun to bring some snacks and drinks with us. I knew right away that I wanted to bring my chai spice cupcakes.... they are the perfect fall/winter treat and everyone always loves them! They taste just like a vanilla chai from Starbucks, but in cupcake form! What could be better?

Ever since I started making these for people I've been getting countless requests for the recipe so I wanted to finally share it with everyone! It's a super easy doctored cake mix recipe with just a few simple changes. I hope you enjoy!



Chai Spice Cupcakes

You will need:

Cake:
  • 1 box Betty Crocker vanilla cake mix
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 TBL instant chai tea latte mix (you can find this at any grocery store in the coffee aisle)
*If you prefer to make from scratch, you can use your favorite vanilla cake recipe and just add the instant chai

Frosting:
  • 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (I use white chocolate chips because I can't find these)
  • 1 container of vanilla frosting
  • Ground cinnamon, if desired

Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. In a large bowl beat cake ingredients with electric mixer. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.

In a medium bowl, microwave your vanilla/white chocolate chips for 30 seconds and stir until melted. If necessary, microwave 15 seconds longer. Stir until smooth and then cool for 5 minutes. Stir in frosting until well blended. Immediately spread or pipe frosting mixture on cupcakes and sprinkle with cinnamon!

Original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment