Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wedding Planning Wednesday: THE CAKE


I love, love, love lace. It is so delicate, feminine, and just plain pretty! I'm incorporating it into so many different aspects of our wedding from our table runners and bouquets to hopefully even my dress! When looking for wedding cake designs I of course to turned to Pinterest to find lace inspired wedding cakes. I stumbled upon this one by Martha Stewart and fell in love. (Does Martha ever disappoint?! I die for her!) And surprisingly, when I showed Mando several pictures of different cakes, this one was his favorite too!  I love the neutral color palette of white and ivory. It's classic yet the lace applique gives it a pop of texture that I really love. This cake will definitely be the inspiration for our wedding cake.

As far as bakeries go, we haven't started seriously looking at our options yet. I don't have a favorite one, because I normally do my own baking which means we're pretty much starting from scratch! (pun intended) I do want to visit Sweet & Saucy shop in Long Beach. I discovered that they coincidentally designed not one, but TWO of the cakes I had in my inspiration folder... what are the chances of that?! Hopefully sometime in the near future we'll be able to stop by for a consultation and taste testing to see if they are a good fit for us!

So what do you think? Love it or hate it? Have any of you locals ever been to Sweet & Saucy or do you have another great bakery to suggest? I'd love to hear! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! It's simple but yet filled with detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's exactly the look I'm going for! XOXO

    ReplyDelete