Monday, October 24, 2011

The Threadery

This past Saturday I had a booth at my first handmade market, The Threadery! It was so much fun meeting other handmade mamas and being inspired by the beautiful things they make! I had a lot of fun setting up and interacting with everyone there. Hands down best part was getting to see all of the kids (+ adults!) playing with my photo props and seeing all of my items through their eyes!

Let me just say, I was on a very strict budget for my booth... this was my first handmade market and I wasn't sure how it would go or how my things would sell so I didn't want to invest a ton in a fancy booth. With the money and resources I had, I think it turned out pretty cute! Of course nothing compared to the other talented ladies, but still good!


Here's a peek at some of the other booths at The Threadery. These ladies were oh so talented and did an amazing job decorating!


And of course I had to shop! There was way too many pretty things there not to! I picked up the cutest zippered pouch and hair clip from Olive Blue and this amazing flower necklace from Rellas Bellas. Love!


In the end, my booth didn't do as well as I'd hoped... I think a lot of the traffic was people browsing versus buying and I ended up spending more than I made! I'm still glad I tried it though and am chalking it up as a learning experience. I think my life is way too busy to do any more handmade markets right now, but who knows what the future will bring! I'm just glad I have a successful Etsy shop and get to spend my days making things I love!

Thank you to all of my friends and family who came by and shopped and supported me! It meant the world to me to see you there. And thank you to Nicole and Kristen for hosting this event! You girls did a great job! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment