Thursday, February 17, 2011

Disneyland!

Last weekend, to celebrate Valentine's Day, we decided to spend a family day at Disneyland with my best friend Amanda, her husband, and their daughter (who is about 5 months older than Cayden). I've been dying to take Cayden to Disneyland. He has LOVED Mickey Mouse since he was a teeny tiny thing and gets so excited when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse comes on, so I knew he would love it. I think my favorite thing about being a mom is seeing the world fresh and new through Cayden's eyes and I was so excited for him. It also gave me the opportunity to practice with my camera (and I think I took about a million pictures!)

We started the day going on some rides in Fantasy Land. I was surprised at how many rides babies can go on, but they can do almost everything! Then we went to Toon Town so Cayden could meet Mickey in his house. He loved seeing the characters and didn't cry once the entire day. He did SO good. Afterwards, the babies napped in the stroller while we walked around the park and had lunch and did some shopping. It was such a gorgeous and sunny day! When they woke up we took them on a few more rides until it started to get dark out, and then my sister came and picked Cayden up so he could get some rest and we could spend the night at the park doing the adult rides.... It worked out perfectly! We stopped over in California Adventure for some rides and ice cream, and then ended the night back in Disneyland watching the firework show. It was such a fun day and I'm SO glad we went... I'm already planning our next trip! I am contemplating getting passes for us so we can go any time. I had annual passes and I loved being able to go whenever I wanted and I hope I can convince Mando to get them again :)


What did you all do for Valentine's Day?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment