Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Favorites: Burlap and Lace

Yesterday, while searching for a Friday Favorites theme, I came up empty handed. I've been high on cold medicine for days and my brain just feels foggy so I hopped on Pinterest hoping to get inspired. (Seriously, what an amazing website. I blame Alana entirely for getting me hooked.) I did what I always do, which is look for wedding inspiration, and suddenly the theme came to me. I have always loved the 'rustic chic' look, farm backdrops, and the combination of burlap and lace. It seems so masculine/feminine to me, and I think they work so great together. I already had a ton of stuff saved and favorited, so this came so easily to me. So, without further ado, here is my rustic chic, burlap and lace edition of Friday Favorites!  

I've featured this Etsy shop before, because I honestly adore her stuff. Her burlap banners make me swoon, and I will definitely be purchasing one for my own wedding. I love this rustic, but elegant Just Married banner. It works so pretty with an outdoor wedding don't you think?

I adore this ring bearer pillow. The burlap and white combination works so well together, and the twine at the top adds the perfect touch. I also love how it can be re-used after the wedding as home decor.  

I don't normally wear jewelry, but this Stella ivory lace necklace is such a statement piece and I fell in love when I saw it. The lace and chain combination works so well together and it would be so pretty to wear to a Spring bridal shower or brunch. 

This linen and lace storage bin is beautiful and practical. It would be perfect for storing crafting supplies like yarn or ribbon don't you think?

This card was one of the first things I made for Mama Matryoshka. I am loving doilies lately, and I just love how it looks against the kraft paper.  

How gorgeous is this pillow cover? My sister inspired my love for skeleton keys and I just think it looks so dainty and feminine.

Coming from one of my favorite blogs is this gorgeous but simple garland made from stringing paper heart doilies over white Christmas lights. Genius, right? I love the charming effect it has.  

I love these simple, but beautiful DIY doily heart jars. Perfect for odds and ends laying around like paper clips, thumb tacks, or bobby pins. Find the full tutorial here.


I hope you enjoyed this week! It has definitely been one of my favorite Friday Favorites to date!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment