Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's new at Mama Matryoshka

When I first opened Mama Matryoshka most of my inventory consisted of handmade cards which I LOVE, but I really wanted a wide range of products available. Lately I've been all about cupcake toppers and I can't stop designing them! I just think they are such a fun and unique way to add decor to a party or event. And who doesn't want cute cupcakes? I'm all about it. This week I designed 3 different sets of toppers inspired by children's party themes that I love.

Pinwheel cupcake toppers. Lately I've been seeing tons of rainbow/color themed parties all over the blogs and I love it! The bright colors are so fun and there are so many different ways to customize a party based on a certain color. I've even made these customizable so you can choose which colors you want (although I am digging the mustard yellow/aqua combination).

Farm animal cupcake toppers. When I started seeing the farm themed parties I was so excited. It's one of my favorite themes and I really hope my kiddo's are open to this theme when they're older. Red bandannas tied together for a banner, petting zoos, straw hats, I love it all. These are one of my favorite things I've designed so far. The baby animals are so cute and I love them against that vibrant barn red color.

Nautical/Sailor cupcake toppers. I'll admit it, I have a special place in my heart for nautical themed events since both my baby shower and Cayden's nursery were sailor themed. I love anchors and navy blue and I think it's so cute for a little boy. These cupcake toppers were definitely inspired by my little sailor Cayden.

(All cupcake toppers cost $10. That's less than $1 each!)

Custom projects: I'm so thrilled to say that I've gotten quite a few custom project requests. I'll be honest, those are my favorite thing to do. I love hearing about other people's events and designing something specifically for them. The whole experience is so personal and I love when they get excited when they see what I've come up with. It's the best feeling in the world!

I made these sweet Koala Thank You cards for my Twitter friend Ashley. She had an Australia themed party for her 2 little one's. Isn't that such a fun and unique party idea? I love how these came out.

I designed this sweet bird card for my sister as a gift for a co-worker. She is the easiest customer ever because she pretty much gives me free reign to do what I want. Of course I had to use my favorite color combination ever, red and aqua and I love how it turned out. (Oh, and make sure to visit her blog and comment on her latest post for an extra entry in 4 giveaways coming soon!)

I designed these retro cupcake toppers for my friend Jen who is not only a fantastic photographer, but also very crafty herself! She and her husband are renewing their vows in the Fall and the theme is 50's diner. If you knew me in high school you would know that I am ALL ABOUT THE 50'S THEME so I was SO excited to get this request. I love the polka dots, music notes, and the record. This was so fun to do!


So as you can see, I've been a busy little bee! I still have a ton of ideas and I'm trying to find the time to bring them to life as soon as possible! If you have a party and you want custom decor don't hesitate to contact me here or through my Etsy shop!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment