Friday, April 1, 2011

Mama Matryoshka - the grand opening!


The day has finally arrived... I am officially introducing my Etsy shop, Mama Matryoshka! I could not be more excited to share all of my hard work with all of you and I truly hope you all like it!

A little about the shop: I focus mainly on handmade cards, party invitations, cupcake toppers, photo props, chipboard albums, and banners, but I'm hoping to also get a ton of requests for custom projects. Putting together party packages are my favorite which basically means that you tell me about your event and I will create custom invitations, banners, cupcake toppers, and anything else you need to fit your theme! I named the shop Mama Matryoshka obviously because of my love for Russian nesting dolls, aka matryoshkas. They are a huge inspiration to me and this card was one of the first things I made!

Right now I have a good sized selection of items up, but I plan to constantly add more. I'm always making stuff and I'm inspired by everything I see so be sure to check back often to see what's new (and I'll also be blogging about new items here)! And of course, if you don't see what you need then convo me and I'd be more than happy to create the perfect custom item for you!

I'm also extremely happy to announce that I've already gotten 2 sales! I opened my shop a few weeks ago so I could get a head start on listing items, and twice this week I woke up to see that someone had purchased some of my photo prop party packages! I may or may not have jumped up and down with excitement. 2 sales before announcing my shop to the public? Off to a great start! My products have also already been listed in 2 gorgeous treasuries, a nautical themed one and one inspired by the book 'Water for Elephants'. I am so honored! 

So much time and hard work has gone into the opening of this shop from creating inventory, taking pictures, listing, and of course blogging about it! I have already gotten so much positive feedback and I couldn't be more thrilled. To everyone who commented on my announcement and sneak peak posts, thank you. Your words mean everything to me! I also want to give a HUGE thank you to my sister who not only created my banner and icon, but who also acted as my model for my photo props after a long day with her tantruming, no-napping toddler. Isn't she just gorgeous? Love you, sis!

Lastly, as a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has offered support both on the blog and on Twitter I want to offer my readers a special discount code! Just enter 'DOMESTICATEDDELIGHT' when you check-out and a 10% discount will automatically be applied to your order! I'm also working on getting a button up for those who have been asking, and hopefully that will be done soon! (I'm actually in the market for a new blog design, too. If anyone can recommend someone please let me know!)

Thank you once again, and happy shopping!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment