Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Favorites: I heart Easter


I absolutely love the changing of the seasons and the different things that come with each one, and Spring is no exception. I don't know what it is this year, but I am just loving Easter! It's not really a religious holiday for me, it's more a fun holiday for the kids. This is Cayden's first Easter so of course I'm going all out. I can't wait to dress him up like a bunny and let him find eggs with his cousin in my mama's front yard. I've had his Easter basket done for a few weeks now, because I literally couldn't wait to get started. (More on that to come in a future post!) I have been trying to incorporate a lot of handmade items versus store bought, and I've been scouring the interwebs for ideas. I have found a lot of really unique and creative stuff, so I am dedicating Friday Favorites to lovely Easter!


 I am loving these sweet crocheted baby chicks. They would make such a great addition to your baby's first basket, don't you think? (The nest made out of twine is such a great touch, too!)

If you love Peeps, you NEED to see this post for a ton of sweet Peeps treats (try saying that 3 times fast)! I'm not even a fan and I think those chocolate covered pretzels look amazing!

 Coming from one of my favorite Etsy shops are these Easter wooly hatching eggs. The amount of detail on these toys are truly spectacular. You might think they are a little pricey, but when you read about the labor intensive process you'll understand why. (I also want their Matryoshka doll!)

This DIY paint chip Easter garland is one of the most creative projects I've seen. The cost? Practically free! You can find out how to make one here.

 You guys had to know I was going to plug my OWN Etsy shop, right? I still have these pretty and intricate Easter egg cupcake wrappers available (in pastel or the color of your choosing) as well as this sweet Easter card. I am also taking custom orders for cupcake toppers, banners, or any thing else you need to celebrate so make sure to visit! Also, today is the last day to take advantage of this 10% disount code!

 Last but not least, a quick and easy tutorial on how to make your own Easter grass. If you're like me and hate the plastic stuff make sure to take a look! 


I hope you enjoyed this post, and were inspired to celebrate Easter in a bigger and better way (not to mention handmade)! Tell me, what fun Easter traditions does YOUR family have? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment