Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Favorites: Pins of the week!

I wanted to do something light and fun for this holiday weekend and because I have found some amazing inspiration on Pinterest this week I decided to dedicate today to my favorite pins of the week! I don't know if it's because it finally feels like summer is here, but I just can't get enough of all of these bright and sunny colors!

I absolutely love the colors in this vintage kitchen. The red and aqua, the vintage colanders, and that big open window make this the kind of kitchen a girl dreams of!

One of the best DIY ideas I've seen to date: Cover a pot with mod podge and some pretty fabric to give yourself the sweetest container garden in town! I NEED to do this on my balcony!

I think we can all agree that my sister really needs to find some giant yarn and make me this cozy blanket! LOVE!

I'll admit it, I'm not really into art. It's very rare I find a painting or a picture that I love enough to look at day after day, but when I saw these AMAZING pieces by Michelle Armas my mouth dropped. I love her use of colors and texture and I would love to hang one of these paintings in my family room. (The prices are very reasonable too!)

Just a little bite of wonderfulness! How adorable would these spoons be at a baby or bridal shower? I love the pastel colors too!

Ever since I saw this stand mixer on The Pioneer Woman I have lusted after it. It is so pretty and unique, it's truly a work of art! Now get in my kitchen! 

Another creative idea: use vintage colanders as hanging flower pots! So different, so pretty and you can bet I'll be on the hunt for some of these on my next antique trip!

That's all for now! I hope everyone has a fun and safe July 4th (my personal favorite holiday, and Cayden's first)! We'll be spending the weekend BBQing, watching parades, and lighting sparklers! XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love all of these things just as much as you. Your sister HAS to make you that blankie.. and when she does, can I pay her to make me one too? ;) Gorgeous and soo comfy looking. That kitchen makes me happy. Love the brightness & simplicity of it all. Totally going to make those little spoons for a favor sometime soon. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that kitchen is like my dream kitchen! Love aqua and red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DomesticatedDelightJuly 1, 2011 at 11:17 AM

    ME TOOO! I love the bright cupboards and the colanders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DomesticatedDelightJuly 1, 2011 at 11:18 AM

    I know, I keep telling her to open an Etsy shop, she's amazing at sewing, crafting, and knitting/crocheting! She would make bank!

    These pins all make me so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finds. LOVE all of it! especially the DIY pots idea. how cute is that? LOVE! I have all these terra cotta pots we're bringing on our move and now i'm thinking maybe i'll do this to them once we're settled in. if you do, you have to post pics on here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few of these pinned! Great minds think alike!!
    Great choices!
    xo

    ReplyDelete