Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wedding Planning Wednesday - Lighting


Some brides are all about the dress, some the venue, and to some the flowers are the most important thing. For me, I'm all about the lighting and ambiance. Because we are getting married in a forest that's covered in oak trees, lighting is very important. If I don't have enough then it will be pitch black by the time the sun goes down! When I first started researching weddings to get a feel of the look I'm going for, I fell in love with cafe lights strung over the reception area. Cafe lights are basically big round light bulbs on a string that are attached to poles on both sides. I think they are oh so romantic and cozy!

I really want to take advantage of the beautiful trees at the venue, too. My first idea was to hang candles in mason jars, but because open flames are not allowed I would have to use LED flameless candles instead. I also can't decide if I want to string white lights around the tree trunks and branches or just stick to the cafe lights. So many options! If anyone has any advice or opinions I'd love to hear! XOXO

all image sources can be found on my Pinterest wedding board here.

2 comments:

  1. im a fan of the lights in trees for sure but there is something magical about just the branches being lit up.
    also dont rule out the votives that are led! they are awesome and will last awhile. they still give off that twinkle look that you want!
    pretty choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DomesticatedDelightJuly 15, 2011 at 2:01 PM

    I totally agree, lights in the branches are so magical and whimsical! I hope I can find a way to incorporate both that and the cafe lights!

    I'm def still considering the LED lights too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete