Thursday, January 27, 2011

6 months old.

It's hard to believe that 6 months has already gone by. In this 6 months I have transformed from a woman into a mother. My priority list has shifted. My goals have changed. I have changed. I feel like I'm finally the person I was meant to be.



This week since he turned 6 months has been a week of milestones. He's sitting on his own which means he can sit in the stroller without being in the bucket seat. He can sit in a high chair. He can sit on the floor and play with his toys. I don't know why it's so bizarre to me that he's sitting. I guess he just seems so much more independent.


We have also seen our first tooth! It just started poking out and I'm still working on getting a decent picture. He is such an easy, happy baby even when teething.

We celebrated 6 month's with his first meal (organic brown rice cereal to ease his tummy into solids) and a trip to the zoo! It's so funny watching someone learn to eat. It takes patience and dedication on both ends. Later we tried peas which he LOVED. I've discovered that he likes feeding himself versus spoon feeding (which doesn't surprise me) so I'm letting him explore with the spoon.


He can now get in crawl position. He's mimicking our voice tones and facial expressions. I can't even leave him alone for 5 minutes because he scoots and rolls all over the place. He gives us big, belly laughs. He's a complete daddy's boy, but he reached for me first.




These 6 months have been the best, most life-changing months of my life. And I can't wait for the next 6 months.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment