Monday, January 3, 2011

Because I don't do resolutions.

You hear the same thing every year. Lose weight. Eat less junk. Spend more time with family. Some of you may accomplish yours, some won't. Personally, I don't do resolutions. I never have. I figure if there's something I want to change about myself then I'll do it right then. I don't need the New Year to inspire me... I can 'start fresh' any time I want! I have a mental list of goals and I'll stick to that. However, there is one thing I created for the New Year. A bucket list. I think everyone should have one. It's a fun list of all the things I want to accomplish before I... well, kick the bucket. Some of them are silly, some are serious, but they are ALL important to me. I'm sure I'll add to the list (and cross some off) as time goes on, but this is what I put together so far.

Bucket list

Properly lattice a pie
Go on a road trip
Take a professional cooking/baking class
Have a homebirth
Travel somewhere truly exotic
Learn how to take a really good photograph
Plan a wedding
Buy an old home and restore it myself
Grow a beautiful flower garden
Attend a Pittsburgh Steelers game
Dress up for an elaborate costume party
Own a cabin in the woods somewhere
Host an amazing themed dinner party
Volunteer for a meaningful charity
Write and publish a children’s book
Find work that I’m passionate about
Move out of Orange County
Visit one of the 7 Wonders of the World
Take pin-up style boudoir pictures
Create a room to be my personal sanctuary
Throw someone an elaborate surprise party
Take my mother back to Hawaii where she was born (and hasn’t been back since she left at age 7)
Visit a real castle
Win big in Vegas
Get all the tattoos I have stuck in my head
Travel to Russia to see where my ancestors came from
Live without any technology for a week
Meet the great Martha Stewart


What's on YOUR bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment