Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Recipe - Easy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches

We've been blessed with GORGEOUS weather in Southern California lately. Our days have been between 70-80 degrees and have felt more like summer than mid-January. Normally I love winter and the cooler weather, but it's been nice to get a break from it all and throw on a tank top!

Hot days always make me crave BBQ so as soon as the temperature started to rise I began thinking up a summer-inspired meal to cook. Because I've recently started experimenting with my new crock pot I decided it was the perfect time to make some pulled pork BBQ sandwiches I've had my eye on. All you need is a crock pot and 4 easy ingredients and you're ready to go!

(Photo source)

Easy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches

You will need:

  • 2 lb pork tenderloin (make sure to trim well and remove the silver skin)
  • 1 can (12 ounces) root beer
  • 1 bottle (18 ounces) BBQ sauce. My favorite is Sweet Baby Rays.
  • 8 Hamburger buns

Directions: Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker and pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low 7 hours. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over toasted hamburger buns.

Easy and SO yummy! I served with baked beans and cornbread. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment